Friday, December 16, 2011

Clinic

Just for a glimpse into my days @ MGH
.......................................
Even though my classmates and I all have a full load of classes, we all find ourselves spending about 80% of our time with "clinic"...just everything clinic. We each have two clients that we see twice a week. This involves weekly lesson plans, progress notes for data, parent handouts, and...the 'prep work'. Can't tell you how many hours I've spent with scissors, crayons, and tape in my hands thinking, "waaaiitt, don't I have like a paper due or something I should be working on? but instead I'm cutting out caterpillars?...hm" (but it's so fun!)
With the little ones (like 4 and under), having a theme to center each session around helps to focus the objectives and often produces better results.
This week? The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Basically, this theme is allowing me to target:
-attending to a storybook
-showing proper handling of a book
(independent page turning, etc)
-contrasts Big vs Little
-spacial concept 'through'
-entity+location (caterpillar is ON...)

~ Happy Times ~

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I could peek through a two-way window and watch you with your little clients. I am soooo happy that you are soooo happy doing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete