Sunday, September 18, 2011

At Water's Edge

I spent this weekend in New Hampshire
for a tri-ward campout.
Very very fun and nice, just to be outside and get to meet and make many new friends.
This morning we held our church meeting in the amphitheater area over looking this beautiful water. As the testimonies were being shared, I found myself having a "conversational dialog" in my head. A small part of me loves poetry and occasionally I find myself writing some of my thoughts down in that form.
I thought I would share what I wrote, because it means something to me, and perhaps it will mean something to somebody else as well :)
At Water's Edge

Dear Savior I’m peaceful, it’s quiet and still.
I’m trying to listen, to learn of thy will.

My child I am calm as you watch me this day
You rest in my palm and there you may stay.
My child I am steady, constant I flow
With patience please watch me, my ways you will know.

Dear Savior I’m watching, please help make it clear
The reason for living and why I am here.

My child I am ready, come unto me
Will you watch, will you listen, will you look, will you see?
My child I see in you an increase much more
I’ll show you the purpose, which you were made for.

At times I’m alone here, dear Savior please stay
When all I can do is to kneel and to pray.

My child I am with you, my presence remains
Doubt not, fear not, my comfort sustains.
My child do you feel me at waters edge?
Do you trust me to keep you safe far from the ledge?

Dear Savior I trust you, but how do you know
Of the cares and concerns of one child below?
For sometimes I falter, my sandals grow wet
As I walk on the water, nearer thee to get.

My child I am wide, I encompass all
Let my arms protect you when you feel far too small.
My child I’m all knowing with stars in my hands.
The moons and my worlds still obey my commands.

I rule ‘or through heaven, the cosmos attend, but
My child from my throne did I once descend
And now with all glory for my Father above
My child do I raise you through matchless love.

For time without measure and space with no end
My child you’re my glory, my treasure, my friend.
No force could diminish, nor power could break
My child from my watchcare, not one I’ll forsake.

So dear child be calm as you watch me this day
And know that I love thee, and am not far away.
Be patient and steady so one day you’ll see
Just how to return and live always with me.

4 comments:

  1. I love it. It will be lovely set to music someday, too. You have such a keen understanding of your relationship with Him, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these personal glimpses into the spirit I already know and love to run deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Anne Marie, that was so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete