Saturday, June 7, 2014

100 Happy Days -- Days 56&57

Happy Day Moment #56

~A gift from one bride to the next~

Grama and I were in my room looking at my wedding announcement options I'd selected so far, when I told her I was just so nervous I'd pick one I loved today, but will hate in 5 years. I don't want to look back and think my announcement was ugly. She looked at me and said, "Your wedding announcement will never be ugly to you, because it's yours. I still love mine."

I asked if she still had it, and she said it was just out in the front room in a cabinet! We went and found it, and next to it were these pretty linens. She said they were her 'trousseau' from her wedding, then she gave them to me. 

I love this. They are so lovely, and it is when I was/am living with her that I became a bride too~


Happy Day Moment #57

A call from my {future} mother in law asking me to go to dinner! Just us. I'm so grateful she's so kind, and that I honestly, genuinely, really do like her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment