Friday, December 4, 2009

Chef A.M. Hyer


To treat myself after my crazy day yesterday (read previous post) I went to my favorite Health foods store Sunflower and bought ingredients for some yummy food. I got a Williams-Sonoma cook book for Christmas last year so I flipped through it till I found what looked good. This is how tonight's menu began...

White Beans:
Over medium-high heat warm 2 tbls. olive oil
Add one small yellow onion and
one red bell pepper (5 min)
Add 2 cloves garlic,
2 15 oz cans of white beans,
2 tbls. oregano,
1/2 cup white wine (grape juice)
and 3/4 chicken broth

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat
and simmer for 5 min.

Moroccan Burgers:
In a large bowl mix with hands...
1 lb. ground beef,
4 tbls. fresh chopped mint,
4 tbls. parsley,
small yellow onion,
1 tsp. cumin,
1/2 tsp. cinnamon,
1/2 tsp. salt

Split into 5-6 patties and grill
(I froze what I didn't cook)

Yogurt Sauce:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tbls. mint
1 tbls. parsley
1/4 tsp. cumin

This totally makes the burgers,
plus I added Roma tomatoes on top
and broiled pita chips

I was pleasantly surprised! This was a foreign dish with some interesting flavors, but I would definitely make it again. Just something fun, new and warm on a cold night. I recommend sipping on Starbuck's caramel hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music as you cook!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It looks really really yummy Anne Marie. Fun entry! Your hair is getting soooo long! I love the new photo additions to your blog page, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee-lish. Looks so yummy. Sorry about the crazy day before, but I'm not sorry that you got to eat the fruits of your kitchen labors.

    ReplyDelete