Wednesday, February 10, 2010


I am volunteering at the Utah State Hospital for the next few months. I am working in the children's unit in the classrooms. Today, I was switched classes because they needed more help in a new room. Before, I was working with kids ages 11-12. Now my little ones are 8 and under. Here are some of my favorite quotes of the day:

~While on the treadmill~
"Wowzers, he's ganna catch me!"
(might I ask who???)

~Another boy on the bicycle~
"Woo Hoo! My motorcycle"
(If I only felt the same enthusiasm)

~And now for my favorite conversation of the day~
Me: How old are you?
Him: Sssssssss.......eight
Me: Eight?
Him: But nine today
Me: Oh, is today your birthday?!
Him: No
Me: Oh, ok.

7 comments:

  1. Let's see. You volunteer at the State Hospital, went to Africa to educate women about Aids, are going to India to help in the Leper Colonies. I took a shower, felt good to get some music chosen and organized, did a bit of laundry and bought 'take-out' for dinner. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The comments by the children are just absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Marie, great gal you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! is all I have to say all the places you have traveled and yet to travel... I love catching up on your blog I laughed when you were contemplating what to eat on a budget especially staring at the refrig. I have to say I have become quite creative when it is the end of the gorceries. You are an amazing girl keep up the goos work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kid quotes. Here's a kid quote from our neck of the woods. Over lunch: "Mom, I know why your whole body has to go under water when you're baptized. It's because everything as to be all washed so that Heavenly Father can say 'Your sins, forgeddaboutit, they're all gone." So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Liz. The "forgeddaboutit." Sounds like a New Yowkuh!. Still better than the time when Ty was probably about four and he patted my bare bum out of the shower and said "Mama....you have a big bottom." Thanks, tons. I guess in comparison to his....it was. And, still is. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how fun!! I used to volunteer in physical therapy there. I worked with the kids and adults. I have some quotes from the adults that are pretty funny....

    ReplyDelete