Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's in a Name?

I will always love the kids of Grey Memorial B.S. 4. When I taught them sign-language, Carlie and I had them all write their names down so we could practice spelling. Though I couldn't possibly learn them all by heart, I wanted a written record to jog my memory in the future.

*Joyce Adimeh *Leticia-Simon *Stephanie Amponsem
*Salifatu Brimah *Joseph Donkor *Jennifer Kodua
*Rose Gyimah *Christiana Nartey *Layla Hussein
*Priscilla Tandoh *Emelia Heddey *Richard
*Mary Asante *Olivia Opare *Hillary Tabi
*Grace Incoon *Doris Naa Ankrah *David Nkarsah
*Sarah Atteh *Giffy Appiah *Isaac *Rita Ajuro
*Sarah Churcher *Abigail Fekpey *Samuel Ayesu
*James Acquah *Tawiah Emmanuel *Elizabeth Bondzie
*Godfried Odue *Sarah Adum *Aeetey Adams
*Saratu Iddris *Benedicta Serwaa *Ruth Ajure
*Janet Anoff *Francis Ocansey *Mary Damiel
*Rashid Awell *Douglas Ohceul *Gloria Yaa Amankwah
*Ebeneser Antwi *William Cheetham *Pascaline Apenyo

My favorite part of all the names is the fact that everybody wrote their first and last name...except for my little Richard and Isaac. They were the smallest of the boys and always sat at the same desk together. They were the first names I memorized because of their little faces~

2 comments:

  1. Why is this so very tender to me? Maybe because they are all God's children...your brothers and sisters, and mine too? I'm not sure...but it is very sweet. I'm reading between the lines and sensing the mish mash of emotions going on in your heart. You may never ever know what some little part of your love meant to one or more of them. You will see them again, Anne Marie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read through each name. What a group. Tomorrow I'll be in the temple and so I can't help but think about how names are easily "faceless" in a list like this--I know that you know each face, though.

    ReplyDelete